Thursday, March 24, 2011

"Marry the man..."

Yesterday I heard someone say something very profound: "Marry the man you never want to see again." I definitely took this advice and from the moment Tim and I were married I have felt single(ish). Lately this has been even more true. Tim is pulling a really hefty schedule these days and it won't end for a few more months. Typically he wakes up at 6 a.m. and is out the door by 7 a.m.. Then its off to school until around noon, then back home to eat lunch and get ready for work which lasts from 1 p.m. until after 10 p.m.. Then its homework time.

However, despite the fact that I feel like I never see my husband and that he never sees me or Brooklyn, I'm really thankful. Thankful for a husband that works so hard to finish school and support our family at the same time. Thankful that I can stay home with our beautiful daughter and catch all her "firsts." Thankful that I married that man " I never want to see again."

And so for all those times I've complained: Thanks Timmer.

So in honor of his wonderfulness I have posted a video of Tim singing at a BYU-Idaho Broadway Review in 2009. He and his brother Jon sang in it together and not only won the competition but also got a standing ovation. Tim will not appreciate me posting this, and that is why I'm so thankful he is not a violent person :) P.S. The best part is the last note. Killer harmony!





3 comments:

  1. Oh Kelsey I totally know how you feel! I hope things are going well even though you never get to see Tim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great hubby, and you are an amazing wife and mother. You are lucky to have each other. This time is super difficult. Once life is hopefully a little more normal with no school and a full-time job, you will be able to think how great life is that he goes to work at 7:30 and is home by 6. I have to remind myself of yours and others' situations who have it much harder. I have learned over the past couple of years to complain less, and you are a great example. I love my sista' from the same mista'. By the way, I always tell everyone about Tim's singing talent, because I was astounded as everyone else with Lily's eyes. Too bad we can't get that hubby of yours to sing for us more often! I love ya Kels, and can't wait to see you and Wookie. Loren and I should come up with the boys some Saturday and we should go to lunch or something, our treat. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey! I know exactly how you feel! (If you read my blog) I'm over Justin's deployment...I'd take his school craziness and hasty work days over anything at this point. Things will even out for you and it makes you that much more grateful for the time you do spend together and makes you make the very most out of it!
    I had no idea of your husband's talent! How great...I bet he sings Brooklyn the best lullaby's!
    We should get together! I stay at home with my boys all day, it would be a nice excuse to get out and see an old friend. Email me! favorchidmom@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete